Yep, weird title, huh?
I was super honored to have the amazing Melanie Louette scrap lift one of my pages for her Studio Calico gallery this month. I am a huge fan of her and her work, she is such a sweet person & an amazing scrapper! I love that she took inspiration from my layout and totally made it her own, to me that is what a scrap lift should be. I love that we all inspire each other and keep this awesome hobby going & going.
You can see her page here at Studio Calico and read a bit more about it.
The winner of the BPC PROCESS class is
July 10, 2014 at 12:10 pm
Thanks for the chance to win! I have enjoyed all the classes I have taken from BPC. Have a great day!
Congrats Elaine! Please get in touch with me and I will send you all of the details.
I am thrilled to be hosting a giveaway for the PROCESS class from Catherine Davis. I took this class last year during the first run, it was an amazing class! I can honestly say one of the best classes I have ever taken. Catherine is an amazing scrapbooker & Project Lifer. She has such a great eye for design and color.
About the Class
Looking to breathe new life into your scrapbook pages and Project Life layouts? Join “Design Editor” Catherine Davis for a comprehensive, 4-week exploration of PROCESS.
This broad, overview-style workshop tackles a little bit of everything, from digital die-cutting and design principles to typography and product techniques.
Through 21 informative videos and weekly magazine-quality handouts, Catherine will introduce you to her personal creative process—that series of choices it takes to go from “lightbulb moment” to finished layout.
In her signature, highly visual teaching style, she’ll share how she combines nearly two decades of professional design experience with her passion for scrapbooking and Project Life. You’ll learn how she:
• Edits hundreds of photos down to those that tell the right story, both professionally (which photo of Kate Middleton’s wedding ring to include in the Royal Wedding story?) and personally (which pics of her 4-year-old twin daughters to include on her latest page?)
• Uses Aperture and Photoshop Elements to organize and edit photos, use brushes, etc.
• Translates design principles like hierarchy and symmetry to scrapbooking
• Selects the right patterns and fonts for her pages
• Photographs her finished layouts beautiful for sharing online
I will be drawing one person to win a spot in class.Please leave a comment here by Tuesday, July 15 midnight EST. I will post the winner Wednesday the 16th, class will start on the 17th. Good Luck!!
The Studio Calico class for July is Inked 2.0 and I am really excited to be contributing to the class! The Inked class that they had last year was one of my favorite classes, I learned so much! Registration is open now, so head on over and check it out.
BY ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS YOU’LL RECEIVE :
4 videos and 16 step by step tutorial PDFs sharing techniques for getting more from your stamps.
40 all new projects (layouts, cards and pocket pages) featuring stamping
a class message board and gallery where you can interact with your teachers and fellow students
challenges during the month of July
I recently had these 2 layouts go up on the Crate Paper blog. My assignment this month was waves & beach, I was very excited as those are my favorite type of photos to scrap!
This photo just melts my heart- tiny little pink polka dot bathing suit & little chubby legs, I can’t get enough of her ;)
This next one is all about pure relaxation, this is one of my favorite places to be!
If you want to see the details, head on over to the Crate Paper blog and see them! Thanks :)
I have been in a real crafting rut these days, like no mojo at all! So I challenged myself to make a quick page, just commit to what I put on the paper & go with it. No changing, no pushing paper around. I started with the photo, as always:) Then I wanted a good quote so I went to my Pinterest board that I have filled with good words.
and the end result-
I am really excited to be contributing to the new Studio Calico class Color Theory. Sign ups are open now, the class starts March 4th. Here are the details -
BY ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS YOU’LL RECEIVE :
- 4 videos from Lisa sharing color & design ideas
- technique tutorials and tips for using color effectively on your projects
- PDF lessons posted each Tuesday & Thursday in March
- 40 all new projects, including layouts, Project Life® spreads and cards
- bonus color schemes in every PDF
SPECIAL OFFERS :
- Buy Color Studio + Color Theory and save! Use promo code COLOR when purchasing the Color Studio Class and five or more Color Theory Products and receive a $5 discount. This code expires on 2/7/2014 at 11:59pm EST. Color Studio and five or more Color Theory products must be in your cart for the code to work. No discounts will be given for codes not entered.
- Preorder all 12 Color Theory Inks for $54.99! Individual inks will sell for $4.99 beginning March 1st.
I have tested out the inks and they are awesome! They are also other Color Theory supplies in the SC shop. Good news is that these are now shop staples, so they will hang around:) I hope to see you there!
He dressed himself for school, all by himself. The tie is the perfect addition to the outfit, don’t you think?
I am really excited to finally share that I will be joining Crate Paper this year! I was so excited when I got the email inviting me to join. I love Crate Paper, it is one of my favorite paper companies. The new releases are so awesome, I can’t wait to play with Boys Rule. I love every little piece of this collection!
These are a few of my favorite pieces. Those alphas, YES!
Head over to the Crate Paper blog, they are revealing the new DT all week. Thanks for stopping by!
Here is week #2 of my PL album. I run my weeks from Saturday to Friday, I like to keep the weekend days together. It works for me:)
I used a lot of pieces from the Studio Calico January kits and added in some cards from past kits that I have been hoarding. That is my new motto, use it!! If there is something that I really like, I am going to actually use it and not save it. There will always be something just as cool coming out next month!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!